Licence summary

To hold a civil ceremony or wedding in premises in Northern Ireland, they must be approved by your local district council.


Eligibility Criteria

Fees may be payable


Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence


Application Evaluation Process

No provision in the legislation


Will Tacit Consent Apply?

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.


Other Redress

E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.


Trade Associations

Northern Ireland Hotels Federation (NIHF)